Day two of a three part recipe…Black Bean and BACON salad!
1. Cut up raw bacon into 1/4 inch bite size pieces and pan fry.
2. Drain fat and remove bacon to a paper towel.
3. Using the same pan add 1 pint of halved cherry or grape tomatoes and cook for two to three minutes at medium heat.
4. Add one 16 ounce bag of frozen sweet corn and stir together for two minutes.
5. Meanwhile, drain and rinse one can of black beans. Add to pan, stir to incorporate and heat through for about 3 minutes.
6. Add bacon. Add fresh cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Can be served hot, room temperature or cold.
This is a great mix for a salad. Pictured here served hot over baby spinach and watercress!
Pura Vida! Check her out on FACEBOOK!